Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 24: Pumpkin Doggie Biscuits



I adapted this recipe from Undressed Skeleton, sent to me by my friend Kari, with the subject line, "Because you're THAT person."  :)  Yes, yes I am.  I adapted this because I have a severe aversion to tuna and I didn't have rolled oats.  I also thought painting it with smushed up berries was slightly ridiculous.  I'm not that person.  Belle LOVED this.  I would suggest, of course, only one per day.  There's a lot of stuff in it that could cause some diarrhea if your puppy ate too much.



My version of the recipe:
1 1/4 c wheat flour
1 egg
1/4 c plus 2-3 Tbs pumpkin divided
Dash of baking soda
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup cheddar cheese

Combine all ingredients except 2-3 Tbs pumpkin; add pumpkin by tablespoons until a dough begins to form.  Roll out and cut to desired shape.  Bake at 350 on parchment-lined pan for ten minutes.

Frosting:
1/4 c Greek yogurt
3 Tbs Peanut butter

Combine till smooth and frost cooled cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment