Friday, October 18, 2013

October: Baseball Cakes and Pumpkin! Oh my!

I love, love, love October!  I am widowed to the playoffs, yes, but in all honesty, I like baseball!  Maybe just not AS much as my cute hubs.  He is (we are) DIEHARD Redsox fans.  So when our beloved ex-roomie asked me to make a Yankees hat for her fiancee, he was less-than thrilled!  I had Devin send me pics of Shaunee's favorite hat, and since she's not a cake fan, we decided to do a giant cookie shell filled with ice cream for her sweetheart.

I thought this whole cookie thing would be easy peasy.  Um, no.  I went through three rolls of cookie dough to finally get the cookie to be cooked evenly in my Bake n' Fill pan (Betty Crocker- it's amaze).  Finally, I loaded it with a whole carton of chocolate ice cream and iced it.  Mmmmmm.

I used a new fondant, and wasn't that impressed.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?  I'll stick with Duff!  I used sugar paper and my Cricut to cut out the logos, then painted them.  I have a normal Cricut and it works (most of the time) with sugar paper, but I'd love to get my hands on a Cricut cake!   But I digress.

Here's how she turned out!!




Go, Ya....Baseball!  And happy birthday, Shaunee.

P.S.  Stand by for an ENTIRE month of pumpkin recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment